SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department released the names of 22 victims of the dive boat Conception tragedy.
Sheriff Bill Brown read the names of the following nine people during Friday morning's press conference:
- Raymond Scott Chan, 59, Los Altos
- Justin Carroll Dignum, 58, Anaheim
- Daniel Garcia, 46, Berkeley
- Marybeth Guiney, 51, Santa Monica
- Yulia Krashennaya, 40, of Berkeley
- Alexandra Kurtz, 25, Santa Barbara
- Caroline McGloughlin, 35, Oakland
- Ted Strong, 62, Germantown, Tennessee
- Wei Tan, 26, Goleta
Authorities said they had positively identified 18 of the bodies found in the wreckage of Conception. T
At around 4:30 p.m. Friday, the Sheriff's Office released the names of 13 additional people.
- Kendra Chan, 26, Oxnard
- Angela Rose Quitasol, 28, Stockton
- Evan Michel Quitasol, 37, Stockton
- Nicole Storm Quitasol, 31, Imperial Beach
- Michael Quitasol, 62, Stockton
- Carol Diana Adamic, 60, Santa Cruz
- Andrew Fritz, 40, Sacramento
- Charles McIlvain, 44, Santa Monica
- Steven Salika, 55, Santa Cruz
- Tia Salika-Adamic, 17, Santa Cruz
- Neal Gustav Baltz, 42, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Patricia Ann Beitzinger, 48, Chandler, Ariz.
- Vaidehi Campbell, 41, Felton
Sheriff's officials say 23 of the 34 victims have been positively identified. Officials are working to contact the family of the 23rd person identified on Friday.
The sheriff's coroner's bureau is working to identify the remaining victims, utilizing familial DNA. Divers are still searching for the 34th and final person missing.
A vigil for those who perished, their families and first responders is scheduled for Friday evening at Chase Palm Park at 6:30 p.m.
*This story may be updated once officials release the proper spelling of each person