GOLETA, Calif. - --UPDATE--
Fire crews inspected the reported gas leak at the Boys & Girls Club in Goleta and determined that there was no gas leak.
Santa Barbara County Fire Capt. Dave Zaniboni said there was a roofing project happening at the time and the tar smell got into the building's ventilation system causing some to mistake it for a gas leak.
The building was evacuated while fire crews investigated the incident.
A gas leak was reported at the Boys & Girls Club Monday morning.
The leak was first reported just before 9:30 a.m. at the Boys & Girls Club in the 5700 Block of Hollister Avenue.
The building has been evacuated. Crews are on scene.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.