Safety

Fire crews find no gas leak at Boys and Girls Club building in Goleta

GOLETA, Calif. - --UPDATE--

Fire crews inspected the reported gas leak at the Boys & Girls Club in Goleta and determined that there was no gas leak.

Santa Barbara County Fire Capt. Dave Zaniboni said there was a roofing project happening at the time and the tar smell got into the building's ventilation system causing some to mistake it for a gas leak.

The building was evacuated while fire crews investigated the incident.


ORIGINAL STORY

A gas leak was reported at the Boys & Girls Club Monday morning.

The leak was first reported just before 9:30 a.m. at the Boys & Girls Club in the 5700 Block of Hollister Avenue.

The building has been evacuated. Crews are on scene.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.


comments powered by Disqus

Top Local Stories