SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Here's one way to treat yourself this Labor Day Holiday weekend, and help a good cause at the same time: Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is launching a month-long partnership with local restaurants, starting Sunday.
"We're excited to be working with local restaurants who work so hard to feed and nourish our community. The Foodbank is honored that many of them are donating a portion of their best-selling items and are so happy to give back," said Nathalie Keller, Foodbank Development Manager. "With the help of these restaurants, we'rehoping to make a big impact during Hunger Action Month."
It is way to raise money for the local Dine Out for Hunger campaign, which is part of the larger, nationwide effort Keller referred to, known as Feeding America's National Hunger Action Month.
Locally, here's how it works: 19 restaurants will donate $1 dollar to the Foodbank each time a customer purchases a select menu item.
Participating restaurants include:
- Bar 29, 1134 Chapala St, Santa Barbara
- The Bear and Star, 2860 Grand Ave, Los Olivos
- Bettina, 1014 Coast Village Rd, Santa Barbara
- Benchmark Eatery, 1201 State St, Santa Barbara
- Bibi Ji, 734 State St, Santa Barbara
- The Boathouse, 2981 Cliff Dr., Santa Barbara
- Ca' Dario, 37 E Victoria St, Santa Barbara
- Dargan's Irish Pub and Restaurant, 18 E Ortega St, Santa Barbara
- Khao Kaeng, 1187 Coast Village Rd Suite 9, Montecito
- Finch & Fork, 31 W Carrillo St, Santa Barbara
- First & Oak, 409 1st St, Solvang Industrial Eats, 181
- Industrial Way, Buellton
- Los Arroyos, 14 W Figueroa St, Santa Barbara
- Mesa Burger, 315 Meigs Rd, Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara FisHouse, 101 E Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara
- Satellite, 1117 State St, Santa Barbara
- Soul Cal Smokehouse, 38 W Victoria St, Santa Barbara
- Three Pickles, 126 E Canon Perdido St, Santa Barbara and 420 S Fairview Ave # 104, Goleta
- Toma, 324 W Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara
Last year, the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County served 190,000 residents across the county, 40% of which were children.
For more information, click here: www.foodbanksbc.org.