Beach Hazard Statement:
- ...Beach hazards statement remains in effect until 5 PM PDT this afternoon...
- surf...surf of 3 to 6 feet with local sets to 7 feet will begin to subside late this afternoon.
- Locations...the largest surf is expected on exposed west facing beaches...including Hermosa...Manhattan and Venice beaches in Los Angeles County...Oxnard Shores and Ventura Point in Ventura County...and El Capitan and Rincon Point along the Santa Barbara South Coast.
- Tides...low tide near 0 feet will occur around 400 PM PDT this afternoon.
- Impacts...large waves and strong rip currents will make swimming and surfing hazardous. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A beach hazards statement is issued when threats to beach and surf zone safety are expected or occurring. Caution should be used when in or near the water. Stay near occupied lifeguard towers and never swim alone. If caught in a rip current...swim parallel to the shore.