Issued at: 3:16 am PST on December 21, 2014, expires at: 9:00 AM PST on December 22, 2014
...Wind Advisory now in effect until 9 am PST Monday...
- winds...north 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph...strongest
through the Interstate 5 corridor. Isolated gusts to 60 mph near
- Timing...the winds will continue this morning...subside slightly
this afternoon and then increase again later this evening and
persist into Monday morning.
- Impacts...travel will be impacted on area roadways...primarily
along the Interstate 5 corridor near Gorman.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 mph or greater are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution when
High Surf Advisory:
Issued at: 2:49 am PST on December 21, 2014, expires at: 6:00 PM PST on December 21, 2014
...High surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM PST this
- surf and timing...surf 6 to 8 feet. Strong and frequent rip
currents are expected. Higher high tide around 6.5 feet at 800
- Location...along exposed west facing shores especially from
Ventura to Point Mugu.
- Impacts...strong rip currents in the vicinity of high surf.
Minor tidal overflow during higher high tide.
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area...producing rip currents and localized beach