Coastal Flood Advisory:
- ...Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 11 am PST this morning...
- coastal flooding...minor flooding of low-lying coastal areas is expected around the time of high tide this morning. Areas most impacted will include Long Beach... Playa del Rey... Venice... Malibu... Point mugu... Oxnard Shores...and Port Hueneme.
- Impacts...minor intrusion of sea water onto some Harbor walkways and beach parking lots is expected along with increased beach erosion. Strong rip currents and breaking waves on rock jetties will make beach related activities hazardous.
- Surf...short period westerly waves between 4 and 6 feet are expected through this morning.
- Tides...the actual tides have been running almost one foot above the predicted tides. Tide heights given below have taken this into consideration. Santa Monica predicted high tides: thursday: 7.8 feet at 839 am PST. Friday: 7.5 feet at 920 am PST. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A coastal Flood Advisory means that minor and shallow flooding is occurring or imminent. Coastal communities should take precautions to protect vulnerable low-lying areas from overflowing sea water if it is safe to do so during low tides.