Issued at: 11:21 am PDT on August 29, 2016, expires at: 3:00 AM PDT on August 30, 2016
- ...Wind Advisory in effect from 5 PM this afternoon to 3 am PDT Tuesday... The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect from 5 PM this afternoon to 3 am PDT Tuesday.
- Winds and timing...gusty northerly winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph will develop this evening and continue through late tonight. The strongest winds will likely occur west of Goleta through Gaviota.
- Impacts...major roadways that could be affected include highways 101...154...and 192...especially near Gaviota...San Marcos Pass...and below the hills of Montecito. Precautionary/preparedness actions... When driving...use extra caution. Be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds. Jld
Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 9:09 am PDT on August 29, 2016, expires at: 10:00 AM PDT on August 31, 2016
- ...Red flag warning in effect from 5 PM this afternoon to 10 am PDT Wednesday for wind and low relative humidity for the South Coast of Santa Barbara County... The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a red flag warning for wind and low relative humidity...which is in effect from 5 PM this afternoon to 10 am PDT Wednesday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
- Winds...north 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph below passes and canyons.
- Relative humidity...8 to 15 percent.
- Impacts...if fire ignition occurs or for existing fires... conditions are favorable for extreme fire behavior and rapid spread of wildfire which would threaten life and property. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the field of this red flag warning. Rat