High Surf Advisory:
Issued at: 10:17 PM PST on November 28, 2015, expires at: 10:00 PM PST on December 01, 2015
- ...High surf advisory remains in effect from 9 am Monday to 10 PM PST Tuesday...
- surf...9 to 12 feet.
- Locations...west and northwest facing beaches.
- Impacts...with the potential of larger waves and strong rip currents...the risk of ocean drowning will be possible. Sneaker waves can suddenly wash people off of beaches and jetties. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in the advisory area...producing rip currents and localized beach erosion. Remember...if caught in a rip current...swim parallel to shore until you are free of the powerful current. Always swim near a lifeguard.
Hard Freeze Warning:
Issued at: 10:16 PM PST on November 28, 2015, expires at: 8:00 AM PST on November 29, 2015
- ...Hard freeze warning remains in effect from 2 am to 8 am PST Sunday...
- temperature...at least two hours of temperatures at or below 28 degrees are likely late tonight and early Sunday morning.
- Impacts...a hard freeze may cause significant and widespread damage to many crops and plants...and be harmful to animals. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A hard freeze warning means temperatures of 28 degrees or less for two or more consecutive hours are imminent. Protective measures to save crops and sensitive vegetation should be taken.Vulnerable animals and pets should be kept indoors in a house or barn. Exposed pipes should be wrapped to keep them from bursting.