Fire Weather Warning:
- ...Red flag warning in effect from midnight tonight to 10 am PST Sunday for gusty winds and low relative humidity over the Santa Barbara County mountains and South Coast... The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a red flag warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity...which is in effect from midnight tonight to 10 am PST Sunday.
- Winds...areas of north to northeast winds 20 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph. Strongest through and below the Santa Ynez range. Gusty winds will begin this afternoon...peaking this evening across the western portion of the Santa Ynez range and between midnight and 6 am in the Montecito area.
- Relative humidity...humidities will start out above critical levels through the evening...then drop to between 15 and 20 percent across higher elevations by around midnight and after 3 am across the lower coastal slopes.
- Temperatures...overnight temperatures in the 60s to lower 70s.
- Impacts...rapid fire growth and extreme fire behavior is possible if fire ignition occurs. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the field of this red flag warning.