San Luis Obispo
Coastal Flood Advisory:
- ...Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST Thursday...
- coastal flooding...minor flooding of low-lying coastal areas is expected only in the morning around the time of high tide. Areas most impacted include Pismo Beach...Oceano...and Morro Bay.
- Impacts...minor intrusion of sea water onto some Harbor walkways and beach parking lots is possible...as well as normally dry beach areas. Increased beach erosion is likely. Coastal structures and roadways should not be affected. Strong rip currents and breaking waves on rock jetties will make beach related activities hazardous.
- Surf...northwesterly waves between 7 and 10 feet are expected Wednesday and Thursday.
- Tides...the actual tides have been running almost one foot above the predicted tides. Tide heights given below have taken this into consideration. Port San Luis predicted high tides: wednesday: 7.3 feet at 837 am PST. Thursday: 7.3 feet at 918 am PST. Friday: 7.0 feet at 1001 am PST. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A coastal Flood Advisory means that minor and shallow flooding is occurring or imminent. Coastal communities should take precautions to protect vulnerable low-lying areas from overflowing sea water if it is safe to do so during low tides.