Issued at: 7:10 PM PST on December 20, 2014, expires at: 6:00 AM PST on December 22, 2014
...Wind Advisory now in effect until 6 am PST Monday...
- winds...north 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph...strongest through
Interstate 5 corridor. Isolated gusts to 55 mph near Whitaker Peak.
- Impacts...travel will be impacted on area roadways...primarily
along the Interstate 5 corridor near Gorman.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 mph or greater are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution when
High Surf Advisory:
Issued at: 6:07 PM PST on December 20, 2014, expires at: 4:00 AM PST on December 21, 2014
...High surf advisory remains in effect until 4 am PST Sunday...
- surf and timing...surf 5 to 7 feet. Strong and frequent rip
currents on all beaches.
- Location...along exposed west facing shores from Santa Monica
Bay southward to Torrance beach. Also from Ben Weston Point to
Two Harbors on Catalina Island.
- Impacts...strong rip currents in the vicinity of high surf.
Minor tidal overflow during higher high tide.
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area...producing rip currents and localized beach