Beach Hazard Statement:
Issued at: 7:56 PM PDT on September 3, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM PDT on September 07, 2015
- ...Beach hazards statement remains in effect from Saturday morning through Monday evening...
- hazards...surf building to 3 to 5 feet with locally larger sets possible.
- Timing...surf will begin to build on Saturday...peaking around 3 to 5 feet with locally larger sets possible Sunday and Monday.
- Location...the largest surf is expected on south to southwest facing beaches.
- Potential impacts...there will be the potential for strong and frequent rip currents...strong long-shore currents...and sneaker waves which are much larger waves that occur without warning. Sneaker waves can wash you off piers or rocks near the Waters Edge. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A beach hazards statement is issued when threats to beach and surf zone safety are expected or occurring. Caution should be used when in or near the water. Stay near occupied lifeguard towers and never swim alone. If caught in a rip current...swim parallel to the shore. Smith/sirard