Flash Flood Watch:
- ...Flash Flood Watch in effect from 10 am PDT this morning through this evening... The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
- Flash Flood Watch for a portion of southwest California... including the following areas...Antelope Valley and Los Angeles County mountains excluding the Santa Monica range.
- From 10 am PDT this morning through this evening
- there is a chance of slow moving thunderstorms with rainfall rates up one inch per hour.
- The best chance of thunderstorms will be across eastern sections of the San Gabriel Mountains and eastern portions of the Antelope Valley. If heavy rain develops...normally dry washes and arroyos can flood quickly. In addition...areas that have recently burned...including the Tecolote and shoemaker burn areas...will be prone to mud and debris flows. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. Persons in the watch area should remain alert and follow directions of emergency preparedness officials.