Issued at: 5:37 PM PST on February 8, 2016, expires at: 3:00 PM PST on February 09, 2016
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 PM PST Tuesday...
- winds...northeast winds between 20 and 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph will persist through Tuesday afternoon.
- Impacts...gusty winds will make driving difficult...especially for drivers of high profile vehicles. The stronger Santa Ana winds tonight into Monday could result in downed trees and power lines as well as cause power outages. Precautionary/preparedness actions... When driving...use extra caution. Be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds.
Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 9:52 am PST on February 8, 2016, expires at: 6:00 PM PST on February 08, 2016
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 6 PM PST this evening for gusty offshore wind and low relative humidity for the San Fernando and Ventura County interior valleys...Ventura County coast...the foothills above the San Gabriel valley and the Los Angeles coast from Malibu to the Hollywood Hills...
- winds...northeast winds 20 to 35 mph with gusts between 40 and 50 mph through mid afternoon...becoming 15 to 25 mph with gusts between 30 and 40 mph by late in the afternoon.
- Relative humidity...teens and single digits through late this afternoon. Poor recoveries tonight.
- Impacts...if fire ignition occur...conditions could be favorable for extreme fire behavior which would threaten life and property. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the field of this red flag warning. Sukup/Thompson