Issued at: 8:07 am PST on December 4, 2013, expires at: 10:00 AM PST on December 04, 2013
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST this morning...
- winds...northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 55 mph will begin to diminish late this morning. The strongest winds will occur through the Interstate 5 corridor.
- Impacts...gusty winds winds may make driving hazardous... especially for high profile vehicles. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 mph or greater are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Beach Hazard Statement:
Issued at: 4:05 am PST on December 4, 2013, expires at: 12:00 PM PST on December 04, 2013
- ...Beach hazards statement remains in effect until noon PST today...
- hazards...minor tidal overflow during the time of high tide and increased rip current activity.
- Timing...through this morning.
- Location...mainly west facing beaches during the time of high tide.
- Impacts...minor flooding of areas adjacent to the surf zone around the time of high tide and increased rip current activity. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A beach hazards statement is issued when threats to beach and surf zone safety are expected or occurring. Caution should be used when in or near the water. Stay near occupied lifeguard towers and never swim alone. If caught in a rip current...swim parallel to the shore.