NewsChannel 3 now knows what started a fire in a dorm room on the Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo campus.
Fire investigators say an unattended candle left in a room in the Poly Canyon Village complex started the blaze. It happened just before 8 p.m. Wednesday.
More than 400 students were evacuated from the complex while firefighters put out the flames.
The damage was contained to a single bedroom, and is estimated at $25,000.
The room's sprinkler system is being credited with keeping the fire in check until firefighters arrived.