Santa Barbara Tourist Hostel Fire Caused By Dryer

POSTED: 02:55 PM PST Nov 08, 2013    UPDATED: 09:58 PM PST Nov 08, 2013 
santa_barbara_hostel_fire
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. -

15 people were forced out of the Santa Barbara Tourist Hostel when a fire broke out in the laundry facility.

Santa Barbara firefighters were called to the hostel in the 100 block of Chapala Street after witnesses spotted smoke coming from the building.

Damage from the fire was mostly limited to the room where the dryer was located.  The machine was destroyed in the blaze and the room received water damage.  Other rooms in the hostel were not affected.

100 Chapala St., Santa Barbara, CA 93101