The 74th annual Elks Rodeo Parade took place down Broadway in Santa Maria Saturday morning.
"We've just always come to the parade," said Mary Jane Diaz, who has been part of the parade herself many times. "You get the chance to see a lot of people who lived in Santa Maria and have come back for the event, as well as the rodeo."
Charities, car clubs, marching bands and everything in between made up the more than 140 entries that made their way along a mile and a half stretch of Broadway.
"I've been coming to this for like 20 years," said Donny Zavuto, a Santa Maria native.
He came to the parade to see his daughter participate on one of the floats.
"This is one of the biggest parades in our town besides the Christmas parade. It's always fun, it's a great activity to do here. Support the community anyway you can," Zavuto said.
"It shows you what our community is," says Diaz.
The parade took about two and a half hours and is part of the annual Elks Lodge Rodeo, taking place through the weekend.
The major winners from Saturday's parade are as follows:
- Sweepstakes's Float - Best Overall Float - Country Oaks Senior Care
- Grand Sweepstakes - Best Musical Unit - Fesler Junior High
- Exalted Rulers Trophy - Most Outstanding Horseperson - CHP Mounted Patrol Unit
- Mayors Trophy - Best Community Entry- Model A Club of Santa Maria
- Bobby Acquistapace Memorial Trophy - Best Mounted Group - Liberty Bells
- Chairman's Choice - Best Youth Float - Boys & Girls Club Santa Maria