SANTA BARBARA, CA - The 14th Annual World of Pinot Noir is taking place this weekend at Bacara Resort and Spa. The 2-day event will be held Friday and Saturday and features tastings, wine seminars, and intimate dinners.
California's coastal appellations will be well represented, joined by winemakers bringing their Pinot Noirs from Oregon, British Columbia, New York's Finger Lakes, Spain, Hungary, New Zealand, Australia and more. The epicenter of Pinot
Noir and the motherland is, of course, Burgundy France who will be well represented at the event.
Because all wines are better with great food and good company, each of the events at the World of Pinot Noir will be accompanied and complemented by the exemplary cuisine of Chef David Reardon's culinary team, including an internationally themed dinner on Friday evening.
Friday, February 28, 2014
- Burgundy and Oregon: Parallels in Latitude – a Look at 45º North. Exploring the wines of Oregon's
Willamette Valley and Maison Louis Jadot's Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Ursules vineyard. Moderated by
Katherine Cole. The seminar pairing is followed by a 3 course lunch, paired with the wines.
- Pinot Noir by the Sea Grand Tasting – A tasting of Pinot Noir from more than 100 world-wide
producers, overlooking the Pacific Ocean and complemented by wine country appetizers and a full array of
cheeses from C'est Cheese.
- International Dinner – Chef David Reardon and his Bacara Culinary team will team up with our Pinot
producers for an incredible internationally focused 5-course meal complemented by the exemplary wine
service always provided by our team of sommeliers.
- Sea Smoke Cellars Dinner in the Miró Cellar – an intimate dinner featuring the wines of Sta. Rita Hills'
Sea Smoke Cellars. Wines presented by Victor Gallegos.
- Screening – Sideways and Somm will be screened throughout the day in the Bacara theatre.
Saturday, March 1, 2014
- The Insider Wines of the Cote d'Or – the secret wine, small producers, and boutique producers of the
Cote d'Or, including a look at the mountain of Corton, the greatest expanse of Grand Cru vineyard acreage.
Presented by Don Kinnan, followed by a 3-course lunch complemented by many of the wines presented
- Hollywood & Wine – panelists on an exploration of just why Pinot Noir has become such a Hollywood
starlet. It's Sideways vs. Somm! Lunch will be provided by non other than Frank Ostini of the Hitching
Post II restaurant (as featured in the film) and moderated by Sara Schneider.
- Pinot Noir by the Sea Grand Tasting – featuring a different roster of wines than Friday's Grand Tasting
and more than 120 producers. Guests will nosh on wine country appetizers, worldly cheeses and a terrific
view of the Pacific from the Grand Ballroom's terraces.
- Mason Louis Jadot Dinner in the Miró Cellar – three dozen guests will dine with winemaker Frederic
Barnier in the beautiful wine cellar. Grand Cru wines and a 6-course gourmet meal and legendary wine
- The Gala – a communal gathering of friends old and new, winemakers, pinot-philes, chefs and
sommeliers. It's our last hurrah of the 14th Annual World of Pinot Noir!
Tickets to the event are sold on a first-come, first-served basis with full details on the World of Pinot Noir website: