Santa Barbara- S County

Storm victims advised to submit temporary change of address with USPS

SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, Calif. - Residents affected by January's deadly storms are advised to fill out a temporary change of address form with the United States Postal Service.

People looking to collect their mail have reported packed postal offices and hours-long waits.

A temporary change of address will allow the resident's mail to be forwarded elsewhere, taking it out of the post offices and bringing it to those who need it.

The COA is designed for customers who plan on returning to their residence within six months. You may fill out the request at your local post office or at the

Anyone planning on returning to their homes within 30 days can also submit a 'Hold Mail' request.

If you have any questions regarding mail delivery, you can contact the USPS hotline at 1-800-275-8777.

comments powered by Disqus

Top Local Stories