SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, Calif. - In celebration of "Chihuahuas de Mayo" Santa Barbara County owners of Chihuahuas and
Chihuahua mixes will be able to get their dogs spayed or neutered for free during the month of
May, 2014. Call today to schedule your appointment.
Free surgeries will be provided for the first 400 dogs signed up. This program is available to Santa Barbara County residents only. Owners should call one of the following organizations to schedule an alteration appointment:
• SB County Animal Services, Santa Maria Animal Center, at 805.934.6968
• Santa Maria Valley Humane Society at 805.349.3435
• Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society at 805.688.8224
• Santa Barbara Humane Society at 805.964.4777 ext.20
• Care4Paws at 805.968.CARE (2273)
Chihuahuas and Chihuahua mixes currently represent 30 percent of dogs living in area shelters. Chihuahuas de Mayo 2014 will increase the number of dogs that are spayed and neutered in the county and in turn help eliminate hundreds of unwanted dogs coming into our shelters each year.