Santa Barbara- S County

Santa Maria House Fire "Accidental"

Santa Maria House Fire "Accidental"

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - An accidental house fire that broke out Sunday night in Santa Maria was linked  to someone smoking, according to Fire Chief Dan Orr.

The flames broke out just after 9:00 p.m. on the 1400 block of Claremont Road.

It didn't take long for the fire to engulf the family's garage before jumping toward the house.

Luckily, the four residents made it out safety with their pets before firefighters arrived.

Crews made an aggressive stand inside the home and were able to protect the "living" portions of the house, but were not able to save the garage, which was destroyed.

"The house will be livable in a week or two because the way fire crews attacked the home, the living part was left intact." said Orr.

Damage is estimated to be $100,000.

comments powered by Disqus

Top Local Stories