Santa Barbara- S County

Santa Barbara residents wounded in Las Vegas massacre

Santa Barbara couple hit by gunfire

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - A Santa Barbara couple is recovering after they were wounded during a mass shooting in Las Vegas.

Lara Cerrutti Mack posted a note on Facebook detailing what happened on Sunday night while she and her husband were attending the Route 91 Harvest Festival.

Mack's husband, Brian is in ICU after undergoing abdominal surgery due to "gunshot wounds," according to her post.

"He's a strong guy and just needs to heal and hopefully no complications but so far looks good," she wrote.

Mack said a bullet grazed her and caused a long gash along the top of her head. "Lots of staples and a clean cat scan and released today," she said.

Mack hailed the acts of heroism from people on the scene and said she is "grateful to be here."

Mack is a fitness trainer. Her husband works at Cottage Hospital. They are parents to three children.

Bob Wilcher is the Mack's neighbor and the owner of Killer B Fitness, where Lara worked out for years. He said he is so happy to hear his friends are OK.

"We are so fortunate to have them in our lives and I can't wait for them to be back," he said. "They are going to make it. They are strong and whatever we can do to support them, we'll do it."


comments powered by Disqus

Top Local Stories