SANTA BARBARA, Calif - Santa Barbara Realtor Richard Box has turned himself in to police detectives after an investigation into multiple assaults, rape and false imprisonment.
Box surrendered with his attorney at the police station Monday, after a $2 million arrest warrant had been issued.
The alleged crimes occurred in his Las Ondas Drive home on the Santa Barbara Mesa.
Police Sgt. Riley Harwood says there were two victims and they were known to Box.
The investigation began a week ago when a disturbance call brought police to the home.
Charges are being formally filed by the District Attorney's office. Deputy D.A. Paula Waldman says the arraignment will be Wednesday in Santa Barbara Superior Court.
Below is the complete police news release on the arrest:
SANTA BARBARA, CA – December 17, 2013
Richard Douglas Box, age 69, of Santa Barbara, was arrested for multiple offenses stemming from a sexual assault investigation. There are two female victims in this case.
On December 11, 2013 at 12:54 p.m., officers from the Santa Barbara Police Department responded to a call of a disturbance on the 200 block of Las Ondas. A sexual assault investigation ensued. On December 16, 2013 SBPD Crimes Against Persons Detective Brian Larson obtained a $2,000,000.00 arrest warrant for Box for the following crimes:
· Assault with the intent to commit certain felonies (felony)
· False imprisonment by force, 2 counts (felony)
· Rape (felony)
· Intimidate a witness or victim by force (felony)
· Assault with a deadly weapon (felony)
· Peeping with a concealed camera (misdemeanor)
· Battery (misdemeanor)
· Violation of a court order (misdemeanor)
At 2:30 p.m. on December 16th Box surrendered himself to Detective Larson at SBPD. Box was transported to Santa Barbara County Jail where he was booked on the aforementioned charges.
At this time additional details are being withheld.