Santa Barbara- S County

One Injured in Laz-E-Daze Fire

One Injured in Laz-E-Daze Fire

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - A blowdryer is reportedly to blame for a fire that sent one woman to the hospital with second degree burns Friday morning.

It happened at the Laz-E-Daze Apartments in Santa Maria.

Jeremiah Miller, a resident at Laz-E-Daze, says his girlfriend was blow drying her hair at 9:30 a.m. when the blowdryer blew up and caught fire.

Miller says that's when he woke up and tried to put it out.

"It started shooting flames while it was running. Then I got up and got out yelling for the fire department. I got back in and she burned her hand. That's all I can remember," says Miller.

An ambulance took Miller's girlfriend to the hospital to treat the burns and smoke inhalation.

The Red Cross has stepped in to help assist with possible housing needs for the displaced occupants.

Slideshow: One Injured in Laz-E-Daze Fire


comments powered by Disqus

Top Local Stories