Officials at three Boston hospitals that treated some of the most seriously injured from Monday's bombing at the Boston Marathon said they expect all of their patients to survive.
At least 10 Boston area hospitals treated more than 170 patients following the bombings, and at least 14 were still in critical condition Wednesday. Dozens of patients have been released.
The trauma surgery chief at Boston Medical Center says a 5-year-old boy is among the 19 patients still being treated there.
Tufts Medical Center has released half of its 14 bombing patients. Dr. Brien Barnewolt, Chairman for emergency medicine at Tufts Medical Center, a level one trauma center in Boston is optimistic that none of their patients will lose their limbs. He says that he is very proud of his team, and the dedication of everyone who came to help.
So far, three people are confirmed dead, including an 8-year old boy, a 29-year old woman, and a Boston University graduate.
NewsChannel 3 Reporter Shirin Rajaee reports.