MONTECITO, Cailf. - Additional evacuation orders in Montecito were lifted Saturday afternoon, allowing some residents the first chance to return to their homes since the deadly mudslides.
The recently lifted evacuation orders include the following areas:
- North of East Valley Road/Hwy 192
- East of San Ysidro Road/East Mountain Drive/West Park Lane
- West of Romero Canyon Road
- South of the Forest Boundary
The evacuation order is also lifted for the following area of Bonnymede Drive in Montecito:
- South of US 101
- East of Olive Mill Road/Channel Drive
- West of Ocean Meadow Place
- North of the ocean
Long-term exclusion zones for Cold Springs, Montecito and San Ysidro road remain in place and are only open to residents, business owners and people conducting official business in the area.
Residents with property in the long-term exclusion zone areas are can enter those areas by showing proof of residence at checkpoints established by law enforcement. Residents are allowed to escort contractors and insurance adjusters into the area.
Several bridges remain closed so normal travel routes in the areas could be blocked.
To see areas under evacuation warnings, visit the Santa Barbara County interactive map. You can also call the Public Information Call Center at 833-688-5551.
The following surface street closures remain in place but are subject to change:
- Sr-192 at Lower Toro Canyon Road
- Sr-192 at Upper Toro Canyon Road
- Sr-192 at Parra Grande Lane
- Parra Grande Lane at Riven Rock Road
- E. Mountain Drive at Riven Rock Road
- San Ysidro Lane at E. Mountain Drive
- Park Lane at E. Mountain Drive
- Sr-192 at W. Glen Oaks Drive
- Sr-192 at Moore Road
- Hot Springs Road at School House Road
- N. Jameson Lane at Santa Isabel Lane
- Olive Mill Road at N. Jameson Lane
- Hot Springs Road at Oak Road
- Sr-192 Just East of Romero Creek Bridge
- Sr-192 Just West of Romero Creek Bridge
- Sr-192 at Sycamore Canyon Road
- Ashley Road north of Ayala Lane
- E. Mountain Drive at Cold Springs Road