SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, Calif. - Warming centers up and down the Central Coast will open this weekend due to the cold weather.
SAN LUIS OBISPO
The Prado Warming Center, located at 43 Prado Road in San Luis Obispo, will start begin allowing check-ins at 4:45 p.m. December 17 and 18. Those needing shelter may arrive at any time during the evening. However, once someone leaves, they will not be allowed to return.
Pets are allowed at the Prado Warming Center. Smoking is allowed in designated areas. The center is a sobriety-based facility. Overnight guests will be provided with a safe, dry place to sleep and a hot meal.
The warming center closes at 8 a.m.
The Prado Warming Center is asking for donations that include:
- Large trash bags
- Disposable plates, bowls, cups and utensils
- Coffee, tea, creamer, sugar
- Breakfast bars
- Instant Noodle/Cup of Noodles soup
- Large backpacks and sleeping bags
- New socks and warm gloves
- Rain gear/ponchos/umbrellas
Donations can be dropped off at 43 Prado Road, San Luis Obispo. For questions regarding donations, call 805-786-0617.
For up to date information about warming center nights of operation, call the CAPSLO Warming Center Hotline at 805-549-6858.
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY
Warming Centers will be open until Saturday, Dec. 17, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. at the following locations:
- Santa Maria-Salvation Army: 200 W. Cook Street
- Lompoc - Peace Lutheran Church: 1000 W. Ocean Boulevard
- Santa Barbara - Trinity Episcopal Church: 1500 State Street
- Isla Vista - University Methodist Church: 892 Camino del Sur
- Carpinteria - Veteran Memorial Building: 941 Walnut Avenue
For more information regarding Santa Barbara warming centers, call 805-324-2372.