SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, Calif. - This year's race for Santa Barbara County Sheriff includes three candidates. We interviewed all three candidates and asked them a series of questions to give you, the voter, a more informed look at these three men running for the top seat in the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department. Watch Sheriff's Lt. Brian Olmstead's extended interview below.
Questions we asked for the Santa Barbara County Sheriff candidate:
- Give us your take on the Grand Jury report on mandatory overtime.
- Share your perspective on the staffing and construction of the North County jail project.
- What is the primary reason you decided to run for sheriff?
- What in the sheriff department needs fixing or improvement?
- What works well in the Sheriff’s department?
- If you do not win, you will be working under folks that you ran against, how do you handle that?
- On the flip side, if you do win how will you handle working with the two men you ran against?
- What is your take regarding the ongoing issues of negative interactions between law enforcement and members of the minority community?
- Anything you would like to add or share that we did not ask
California's Primary Election will be held on June 5, 2018.