As NewsChannel 3 prepares for our 2017 Santa Barbara Mayoral Forum, many voters are hoping to learn more about each candidate.
Tune into NewsChannel 3 and NewsNow at 7 p.m. and follow along on social media with the hashtag, #SBMayorForum.
Beth Farnsworth profiled the candidates to learn about their histories, values and agendas. Each candidate profile is listed below:
- "I am the only person running for Mayor that has ever sat in the Mayor’s seat, so I know how difficult this job can be and how different it is from being a City Council Member."
- "Everywhere in the U. S., and perhaps the world, when you tell people you are from Santa Barbara, they nod appreciatively. We have a brand unequaled by any other small city in America."
- "We are at a moment in time when vision and leadership are essential for us to create the city that, by all rights, should be the best small city in America."
- "The Mayor is the only elected position that represents the whole city and I am committed to providing strong and inclusive leadership that will bring all sides to the table."
- "I have a record of working with my fellow colleagues to move forward important policy."