Local News

Santa Barbara Tourist Hostel Fire Caused By Dryer

Santa Barbara Tourist Hostel Fire Caused By Dryer

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - 15 people were forced out of the Santa Barbara Tourist Hostel when a fire broke out in the laundry facility.

Santa Barbara firefighters were called to the hostel in the 100 block of Chapala Street after witnesses spotted smoke coming from the building.

Damage from the fire was mostly limited to the room where the dryer was located.  The machine was destroyed in the blaze and the room received water damage.  Other rooms in the hostel were not affected.

22881164


comments powered by Disqus

Top Local Stories