GOLETA, Calif. -

The city of Goleta will chip in to help fight gangs once again. Goleta didn't fund the South Coast Task Force on Youth Gangs last year, but Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County and Carpinteria did. Goleta city leaders called it a miscommunication between the city and the nonprofit. The council voted unanimously to restore its full $22,800 in funding Tuesday night.

The task force coordinator said Goleta wasn't ignored when funding lapsed. Saul Serrano said the task force has seen a dramatic drop in youth convicted of gang violence. But he said there needs to be more focus on preventing girls from joining gangs and helping them get out of gangs.

The task force will share its progress report at a the Main School Center in Carpinteria Wednesday night.

For more information go to www.youthgangtaskforce.org