News

Food left on stove causes kitchen fire in Santa Barbara restaurant

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - A working sprinkler system prevented a fire from spreading at a Santa Barbara restaurant early Monday morning.

Santa Barbara City Fire officials said three fire engines were sent to the first block of East Anapamu Street at 5:39 a.m. for a report of smoke inside the building.

Smoke was seen from outside the restaurant. Once firefighters forced their way into the building, they found the source of the fire to be in the kitchen.

Food accidentally left on the stove is believed to be the cause of the fire.

The sprinkler system activated and left two inches of water on the floor. Firefighters worked to get the water out of the restaurant.  

Officials said the smoke and water damage is estimated at $10,000.

No injuries were reported. 


comments powered by Disqus

Top Local Stories