A pizza parlor in Pismo Beach caught fire Thursday morning and neighboring businesses were also damaged by smoke.
The flames sparked in one of the ovens in Sam's Giant Manhattan Pizza around 9:20 a.m. Smoke leaked into the adjacent chiropractor and nail salon businesses.
An employee from a medical clinic across the parking lot saw the fire and called 911. Firefighters put out the fire by 10:30 a.m. but by then it had already caused one $100,000 in damage.
They believe the oven had a mechanical failure. The business was closed at the time of the fire and nobody was injured.