SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - San Luis Obispo police are investigating a package theft that occurred in the 2500 block of Augusta Street on Nov. 27 and are hoping the community can help identify the suspect.
The victim's surveillance camera captured a woman described as a White female adult, approaching the porch at about 3:41 p.m. and taking the package before walking away.
Police released the photograph of the suspect on Tuesday. They said the package was stolen approximately 45 minutes after it had been delivered.
Anyone with information about the identity of the woman or information on the crime is asked to call the San Luis Obispo Police Department.
Authorities say this type of crime is not uncommon during the holiday season and recommend the following package theft prevention tips:
- Have the package delivered where you are. Consider having a package delivered to your place of employment.
- Require a signature for the delivery
- Enlist a neighbor to collect the package when it is delivered
- Set up an alternate delivery location (US Postal Office, FedEx Office, UPS Store, Amazon Locker)
- Use a surveillance camera system and place security stickers and yard signs in strategic areas