SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - The San Luis Obispo Police Department is asking for the public's help to find an early morning prowler.
Police shared surveillance images from a resident's front door camera in the area of San Luis Drive.
The suspect was seen walking up to the front door of the residence at around 3:45 a.m. Friday morning and using his cellphone light to canvas the porch.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 20's wearing a t-shirt with what looks to be a Panda on it.
The department had two other theft reports later in the day from unlocked vehicles in the vicinity of the prowler. One victim had a camera stolen, the other victim lost clothing, sunglasses and two chargers.
Police are also issuing a reminder that property crime is often a crime of opportunity. And, to keep these simple tips in mind:
- Keep your vehicle locked at all times
- Remove valuables from vehicles
- If valuables must remain in the vehicle, move them to locked compartments
- Park your vehicle in a secured area such as a garage whenever possible
- Park in well-lit areas
- Add motion activated lighting to driveways or other areas where vehicles are parked
- Be on the lookout for individuals walking through neighborhoods in the early morning hours, frequently in dark clothing and carrying backpack
If you have any information about the prowler, you are asked to contact police immediately.