ATASCADERO, Calif. - A 56-year-old Atascadero man is behind bars after being accused of raping a 16-year-old girl in 2017.
The Atascadero Police Department say they began an investigation into the sexual assault allegations against Jess Drue Brasuell III, 56, in September 2017, and served a search warrant at Brasuell's home in the 7100 block of Sombrilla Avenue in Atascadero in Nov. 2017.
During the investigation, authorities say they identified three other underage female victims. Brasuell was arrested and booked into San Luis Obispo County Jail.
Some of his criminal charges include:
- Unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor
- Rape of an intoxicated victim
- Forcible oral copulation
- Lewd act with a 14 or 15-year-old child
- Assault with intent to commit a lewd act
- Possession of child pornography
- and furnishing a controlled substance to a minor
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this case to call the Atascadero Police Department at 805-461-5051.