Electrical fire starts in school computer lab
Teacher puts out flames with fire extinguisher
A fire broke out in a computer lab at Santa Ynez High School Wednesday morning, forcing students and faculty to evacuate.
Students in a nearby classroom smelled smoke and told their teacher.
No one was in the lab when the teacher came in to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher.
Students were already being evacuated, and the fire was extinguished when firefighters arrived on the scene.
A Santa Barbara County Fire spokesperson said the fire was caused by a power strip in the lab. No one was harmed during the incident.
Copyright © 2013 KEYT - NPG of California, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.