Metal in doughnut sends boy to hospital
Kansas boy complained of abdominal pain after biting into Wal-Mart donut
A sweet breakfast treat left a 6-year-old Kansas boy in the hospital.
Logan Ratai had to be taken to the hospital in Fort Riley on Sunday after biting into a glazed cake doughnut from the Wal-Mart bakery in Junction City, Topeka TV station WIBW reported.
Logan said the doughnut tasted crunchy. Then he chipped a tooth.
"There were pieces of black metal, some of them looked like rings, like washers off of a little screw, some of them were black metal fragments, like real sharp pieces," his mother, Kelly Ratai, told WIBW.
His parents brought him to the hospital after he complained of abdominal pains.
He's now facing a round of antibiotics and a clear liquid diet.
The bakery has pulled the doughnuts from its shelves, and a spokesman for Wal-Mart told WIBW they were investigating the incident.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.